MSFF

MSFF

Friday, July 19, 2019

2019 Wisconsin's Own Films: Deer Lights

Deer Lights by Brian Klewin
Milwaukee (Milwaukee Premiere)

Running Time: 13 minutes
Screening Time: Sat, Sept 7th 6:45pm
Drama/Surrealist





Charlie ignores the mounting consequences of his opiate addiction while his wife and kids find their own ways to cope.

Facebook

Instagram


Director's Bio:




Brian has been a storyteller his entire life. He learned early on about love, life, time, and death after his sister was murdered while he was just 7 years old. He made it his life’s purpose to tell stories that put a light on the daily individual tragedies that go unnoticed.

Brian creates horror/drama/fantasy/sci-fi narrative films that often incorporate elements and characters that are centered around death, drug use, sex, and dreams.


Director's Statement:


Addiction is a daily reality for many in the US. I suffered through many years of addiction before rededicating my life to storytelling. I felt like it was important to tell a fictionalized version of what I imagined my future would be like if I continued using; instead I found my purpose in my life and I’m thankful for every day I’m given!

Deer Lights is a story about addiction and the havoc it reeks in a family dynamic. There is chaos in this family’s home from the moment they wake up until the final scene of the movie. It’s powerful to see how each member of the family is suffering in their own way.

At first addiction is a way to escape some, often very real, traumatic experience we aren’t equipped to deal with. Here we watch the many consequences addiction unfold on this family’s very last day.








No comments:

Post a Comment