MSFF

MSFF

Thursday, May 20, 2021

2021 Films: Golden Minutes

Golden Minutes by Saulius Baradinskas
Lithuania (Milwaukee Premiere)

Running Time: 10 minutes
Screening Time: Saturday, Sept 11 on Eventive!
Drama

Get tickets here


Driven to the edge by a huge debt and his impending divorce, a poetic accountant decides to kill himself but is rescued by a heart attack.



Director's Bio:

Saulius Baradinskas is a film director from Vilnius, Lithuania. In 2020 Saulius was selected as one of the Berlinale Talents in 70th Berlinale Film Festival. In 2019, Saulius premiered his debut short film "Golden Minutes".









Director's Statement

As a filmmaker I always wanted to capture that gray day in Lithuania where it seems that nothing is happening. Sometimes those days can be really depressive and sad, because life just goes on, but nothing really important happens in your life. But maybe it does?
If so, then how do you tell a that precise feeling?

This short film is my personal essay and view to society and environment I grew up. The society that pushed me be “normal” all the time and put my life into boxes.

The society where instead of giving love and compassion, I found alienation and dissension. The environment where instead of finding home, I found never ending race of building “the right home”. During production of this film I had atypical depression and suicidal thoughts which was the starting point on how I wanted to make this film look and feel. “Golden Minutes” short film is a film about one of those gray days, where it seems that nothing is happening, but the life is already happening by itself.







No comments:

Post a Comment