MSFF

MSFF

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

2021 Films: Dusters

Dusters by Noel Vinson
Los Angeles (Milwaukee Premiere)
Running Time: 15 minutes
Screening Time: Friday, Sept 10 on Eventive!
Drama/Western




A man with a bounty on his head joins a game of high stakes poker against three strangers who bet with more than money and have plenty of time to kill.


Director's Bio:

Noel Vinson is a Producer, Director, Screenwriter and Hip-Hop artist. He is best known for his Grammy nodded release "The Secret of the Invisible Man" (2006) and the award winning Short films "I'm Sorry Mommy" (2017) and "The Malicious" (2019).

Hailing from the USA, Noel has honed his talents in all aspects of Entertainment from Los Angeles and Shanghai to Sydney, Australia where he resides and heads Dissenter Stage Entertainment. He has released two albums recognized by the Recording Academy and has numerous projects in development and production, including a feature adaptation of his most recent Short, a Proof of Concept called 'Dusters'.



Director Statement

Dusters resets the time on the classical Western genre as we follow a talented Ensemble into Hell.

At first, the film is a Proof of Concept for a larger vision, but one that can also stand alone inside of its own microcosmic world. My goal is to subvert the classic American Western and paint it with a few horror and sci-fi tropes in a way that has not been explored before. I think the Score alone is wonderful evidence of that.

As an American who permanently resides in Australia, I was excited to film in Australia with a predominantly Australian Cast and Crew, and tell a story that had been teasing at my American convictions for quite some time. The project really came into its own when I successfully casted Mal Kennard and Roger Ward, veterans of Aussie cinema, whose presences breathed life into the dark concept and gave me some staggering performances.

I am a big fan of genre films and Dusters is a recognition of those (sometimes perverse) tastes. It’s an exercise in tension and dialogue, as well as an experiment in world building and I am very proud of the team for pulling it off! In viewing this film, I hope both my audience and my critics will see the potential it holds and get excited for a feature adaptation which really digs into the story's bloody roots.









No comments:

Post a Comment