MSFF

MSFF

Monday, July 9, 2018

2018 Films: Singer

Singer by Paloma Lopez
California (Milwaukee Premiere)
Running Time: 7 minutes
Screening Time: Saturday September 8th, 6:45pm Juried
Drama
.






An isolated peasant girl immerses herself in singers of the past. When she stumbles upon an open call singing audition, she jumps at the chance to be a star.


Website




Director's Bio:





Paloma is an L.A-based filmmaker and a graduate from Savannah's College of Art and Design. She is from Caracas, Venezuela, and studied in the Lycée Français de Caracas. Paloma freelances as a director and editor. She is currently working with Sundance Alumni writer & director Mark Polish. She assistant-edited his latest feature, Headlock.

In collaboration with Spinnin' Records in 2015, Paloma directed music video Deeper Love for JAUZ, with over 3,4 M views.

Her latest short Singer won Best of Fest in the Speechless Film Festival's Short Category and was selected as a part of the Sundance Ignite Fellowship of 2018.


Director's Statement:

Am I doing what I want to do?

Will I get to do what I want to do?

Am I good enough?

Does it all depend on me?

A girl struggles with the success of her singing career.

A reflection of myself in the field of film.

















No comments:

Post a Comment