MSFF

MSFF

Monday, June 12, 2023

2023 Film: Nosedive

Nosedive by Natalia Rzepinska
Shorewood, WI (Milwaukee Premiere)
Running Time: 4 minutes
Block 4: September 9th, 6:30PM
Music Video



During golden hour on the hottest day of summer, a friend group decides to host a backyard party. Infatuation sparks when someone catches the eye of another.



Director Bio:




Nat Rzepinska is a German and American filmmaker currently residing in Berlin, Deutschland.
Nat mostly works on experimental shorts and narrative pieces, while breaking out into more commercial editing work. Nat is influenced by German Expressionism, intersectional feminism, and existential philosophy.

Prominent works done by Nat include working with Milwaukee art collective MIDCOAST Collective as Production Lead for their concert series, short films Cupid’s Chokehold (2022) as 1st Assistant Camera, Norma and Amelia at Play (2022) as the director and editor, Leatherboy (2021) as the art director, and the music video “The Way I Loved You” as a production assistant for Milwaukee duo REYNA.

Director Statement:

Creating this music video was an honor and a privilege. This project started when my friend, Steph of Mood Migration, was looking for someone to help out with a music video for a song from their upcoming EP. This song is a collaboration with other Milwaukee artists Feel and Seanie, and collaboration was a big theme through out the making of this. We wanted to make something that was close to our hearts and something that was lighthearted and quintessential summer vibes. Steph and Sean brought the idea to me one summer afternoon and we took it from there.

I am elated with how this project turned out and I am blown away with the work done by everyone who helped out on this. I once again collaborated with my good friend, Alyx Byrne, who was able to exercise her acting talent. In addition, I was able to work with Kasey Korbakes, who I knew in Milwaukee’s film scene to be a delight to work with, which her reputation of that was proven. While I had on some of my usual suspects on my crew, I was glad to work with some new faces.






No comments:

Post a Comment