MSFF

MSFF

Friday, June 9, 2023

2023 Film: Defunction

Defunction by Alexander Eberhage
Milwaukee, WI (Milwaukee Premiere)
Running Time: 10 minutes
Block 3: September 9th, 3:30PM
Drama/Sci-Fi

For tickets click HERE.


A young scientist couple experiments with time travel encountering unexpected results.


Director Bio:

Alexander Eberhage is a young filmmaker and prop designer from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, who explores his passion for the past through art. He enjoys creating short films with satire and humor as well as serious films about dystopian societies and sci-fi worlds. He draws inspiration from the visual look and practical effects of many 80’s sci-fi films, where the worlds are brought to life using old-school effects, miniatures, and matte paintings.





Director Statement:

Time Travel is a fascinating idea that intrigues me; The fantasy of it is exciting. For this film, I wanted to do a new spin on the time travel concept, in an attempt to reinvent the rules. Past interpretations of the laws of time travel have not made sense to me; Which led me to create a new interpretation of my own. An aspect of the filmmaking process that I find quite compelling is production design; On DEFUNCTION I worked heavily in creating the future world in which a majority of the film takes place. I enjoy exploring the nexus between film and design, and how the two go hand in hand in creating an immersive experience. My hope is that audiences enjoy the narrative the film has to offer, while also finding themselves in the characters, feeling enticed in the romance; Hopefully influencing one to step into the shoes of another, immersing themselves in the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment