MSFF

MSFF

Friday, August 14, 2020

2020 Best Of Covid Edition Film: The Quilting Queen

The Quilting Queen by Mark Winter
Milwaukee, WI (MKE Premiere)
Running Time: 10 minutes
From 2016
Documentary



An unexpected artist and their personal journey of self discovery and their race against time.



Director Bio:

Mark Winter was born and raised on Milwaukee’s south side, and still calls Milwaukee home. After starting and raising a family early in life, Mark decided to pursue his creative aspirations by entering film school at age 46. “The first half of my life, I did what I had to do. The second half of my life, I’m doing what I want to do!”




Director Statement:


Being raised in the Midwest, I developed an eye for the uniqueness of everyday life. My goal as a storyteller is to share a perspective with the audience that they may not have considered on their own.

That’s why the story of “The Quilting Queen” was so attractive to me. It’s more than a story of overcoming obstacles. It’s really about the attitude it takes to live a fulfilled life by being open to recognize and accept it’s opportunities unconditionally.

My goal was to get the audience to acknowledge the stereo types we all carry and hopefully make a self-assessment of how we look at our world around us



No comments:

Post a Comment