MSFF

MSFF

Friday, July 19, 2019

2019 Voices Heard Films: The Lion and The Gecko

The Lion and The Gecko by Chloe Collins
Milwaukee (Milwaukee Premiere)

Running Time: 7 minutes
Screening Time: Friday, Sept 6th 9pm
Drama 





A boy's strong bond and dedication to his brotherly duties create an emotional gap from his father. Through this complicated family dynamic, they work to overcome their shortcomings while still hanging onto what's been lost.

Facebook

Instagram

Website


Director's Bio:





I'm a recent graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I studied film, photography, and advertising throughout my schooling, which I finished in 3.5 years. I share this to show that I am a determined, driven soul who will do whatever it takes to conquer a goal.

I have always loved storytelling through imagery and movement. I have a dance background as well and hope to one day be able to combine the two mediums of film and dance.


Director's Statement:


The Lion and The Gecko was inspired by a new friendship that I formed during a personal hardship in life. The animals represent the individual characteristics we possess within our friendship as well as the youthful spirit that lives throughout us. The story itself was based on true-life events that a former boss experienced, and it has inspired me since. Originally, this film was supposed to be a psychological thriller, however, I felt there were too many important elements that were getting lost. As perusal, we faced many challenges and setbacks in the process of making this film, yet it led to great learning opportunities and lessons for the future. I lucked out with my team and I am so grateful to have worked with every member and person involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment